Our immigration specialists are renowned for their expertise in corporate immigration. Our well-established immigration team assesses each application on merits and advises clients on the optimum visa category to apply for. ALMT Legal has been providing advice to people and businesses from all parts of the world on a wide range of issues including inbound and outbound immigration to India. We can advise on appropriate visas for personnel based on client requirements.
Our responsiveness, pro-activity and delivery capability is appreciated by clients given several applications, both for inbound and outbound immigrants, are required to be made on an urgent basis with limited turn around time. Our integrity and responsibility in dealing with matters is also well recognised by immigration authorities in India which facilitates the processing of applications for clients.
We can assist with all categories of visa applications for extensions, exit and return visas, for foreign nationals relocating to India either on a temporary basis or long term.
Our immigration experience includes:
Inbound to India
Assisting with extension of visas, including employment visas/ business visas/ journalist visas/ long term visas/ tourist visas/ dependent visas and obtaining visas in these or other categories as may be required from time to time including Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card application;
- Assisting with conversion of visas of one category to another category before immigration authorities in India
- Obtaining exit permits for immigrants during the pendency of their application before the authorities in India
- Obtaining police verification reports;
- Obtaining return visas permitting an Applicant to travel outside India during the pendency of his application.
- Assisting with registration with the Foreigners Registration Office for issuance of Residential Permit (RP) and Registration Certificate (RC).
- Advising and obtaining Overseas Indian Citizenship (OCI) for immigrants in India.
Outbound from India
- Assisting with visa application formalities within India applying to foreign consulates within India;
- To undertake the process of legalization and consularization before various Government agencies and Consulates of supporting document(s) required and received by Applicants for the purpose of filing along with the application for grant of various visas before foreign consulates within India;
- Accompanying the Applicants and co-ordinating with medical practitioners empanelled by the respective consulate in order to obtain medical certificates for the purpose of issuance of visas;
- To undertake consularization of medical certificates of the Applicants.
- Filing the visa applications on behalf of Applicants before the foreign embassies/consulates within India, follow up and collecting the visa for the Applicants.
- Representing corporate clients before Ministry of Home Affairs, (MHA) New Delhi to seek conversion of visas from one category to the other.
- Advising corporate clients on the issue of illegal overstay in India and representing their interests before the Foreigners Registration Office, (FRO) for grant of exit permit.
- Represented clients before the Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi for grant of PIO Cards in India.
- Advising clients on the issue of various requirements and grant of Overseas Citizenship in India (OCI).
- Representing the interests of corporate clients before the MHA, New Delhi and jurisdictional FRO on various occasions for grant of extension of Employment visa and other types of visas in India.